Like many of us, I'm dealing with anxiety--my own, my family's, our students', my colleagues. Today, here are some random ways I'm working on it.
1. I'm doing yoga at home, using my own personal Yoga teacher, Amy. She has a series of videos on prime that I think are all free: here. These are short (less than half an hour) beginner practices focusing on stretching and breathing. I like them. I'm also doing arm weights to work on my biceps (kayak season will be here soon!) and Tim and I take good walks each day. With Pilot and Comet (below), of course.
2. I'm making sure I enjoy the craft goodness and nuttiness that is Craft Gossip. They have a daily newsletter that gives a bunch of projects, from the simple to the pretty bizarre. It is a good source of inspiration.
3. I'm reaching out. I don't have a great relationship with my mom, but have been checking in on her much more frequently. She's in an assisted living home, living somewhat independently, near my brother. Her facility is on lockdown, although she can get together with 3 other people if she wishes (she's trying to organize a bible study, which is interesting as she gave up on organized religion several years ago). I sent her some books, some puzzle books, and a 3D jigsaw puzzle (she was an architect and that might amuse her, but knowing her it won't and she'll just give it away with some sarcastic comment about it being a waste. Yes, I don't have a great relationship with her).
4. Do you want a card from me? I'm ready to try some new techniques on cards and would be happy to send a card out to you. Email me your address at this email address: kbshee AT comcast DOT net and you'll get a card from me eventually.
5. Work. We just learned our 'online only' period was extended two weeks by the governor. So that's half a term online (oh sorry remote). Sigh.
6. Oh yes knitting. I'm done with the third section of ABQ Sunset. Man these colors are hard to see.
Hope you are well and handling it all. I am glad I can check in with my blog friends.